Saturday, March 15, 2008

KZN Here I Come

Yesterday, I found out my permanent site placement. I'm going to be placed in the village of Wartburg about an hour north of Pietermaritzburg in the province of KwaZulu-Natal. I'll be working with an organization who helps various groups of people in area villages become more empowered in self-sufficent through income generating projects and the like. I will find out much more about the organization and what I'll be doing when I visit there next week for a week-long orientation to the community and organization. I'm very excited about my placement! It sounds like it will be the kind of work I was really hoping to do here in South Africa.

Also, today I was finally able to upload some pictures to the Internet. They're just a small sample of pictures I've taken, but hopefully you enjoy them.

That's all for now. I hope to able to post more some time when I get back from visiting my site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on receiving your placement! I hope that your visit to Wartburg went well. We really miss you here at Illinois State. Best wishes!
Beverly Beyer